- What are the minimum and maximum values of each variable?
- Draw the trajectory of the train, marking its position every half second with a label.
- What is the absolute distance the train travels on the track?
- What is the average speed of the train?
- What is the average current while the power is on?
- What is the average electric potential while the power is on?
- What is the average real power while the current is on? The potential power?
- When the power is turned on, how much time is required to reach the maximum values?
- What is the electrical resistance in this example?
- What might be the effect of adding or subtracting cars to the train? Adding or subtracting weight to the train?
- What is the maximum force required to pull the train?
- What is the average force required to pull the train?
- How much work is exerted while pulling the train?
- At what point in time does the train begin to move? (Hint: The accelerometer, measuring acceleration and Force 2, is on the train.)
The following books from Schottenbauer Publishing contain similar types of graphs and data pertaining to the science of trains: